ResourcefulManager is delighted to consider guest blog posts that are informative and authoritative.
So what is a ResourcefulManager?
A Resourceful Manager is able to deal well with new or difficult situations and to find solutions to problems.
To enable managers and leaders to become Resourceful Managers by giving them the information, guidance and tools that will allow them to devise ways to handle the myriad of issues that arise both daily and in the strategic long-term.
Who reads us
Our audience is made up of executives and managers, from CEOs to frontline managers. They’re looking for insight, ideas, how-tos, etc. to help them become better at their jobs.
We currently have more than 55,000 opt-in subscribers to our blog. Every time we publish a new blog post, we email them a link.
Submissions must meet ResourcefulManager’s quality standards in order to get published.
Here are our guest post guidelines:
- Be original, unique, and never published before.
- Be interesting and well-written
- Be authoritative and credible.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it’s that whole duplicate content thing and Google will penalize us both if you do).
- We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- We reserve the right to include calls-to-action to ResourcefulManager content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
Editorial content can use a mixture of these approaches:
- Conversational tone. Speak to readers as equals.
- Straight-forward, fast read, plain English
- Give perspective
- Relate content to real-life situations
- Help, not lecture
- Have a sense of humor when appropriate.
- Don’t be afraid to break the rules, think outside the box.
- Tell stories
- Provide helpful lists and how-tos
- Be personable
1,000 to 1,500 words is our target. But quality of the post is a lot more important than the length.
Areas we focus on:
- Employee Engagement
- Business Skills
- Difficult Situations
- Employment Law
- Performance Management
- New Managers
Before you write your post
Email John Walston at john [@] resourcefulmanager.com a short proposal or outline of what your piece would be. We don’t want you to waste your time on something that won’t work for ResourcefulManager.
Please submit a Bio
We will need a short bio (2 or 3 sentences at max) for you and a photo. Please include a link to your blog and/or Twitter handle. We can’t get too carried away on the links. Google doesn’t like that.
Last minute housekeeping
- Submit your posts in Word.doc formatting.
- Credit all sources, assets and use common sense.
- Charts, graphs, data visualizations, or anything else that adds value or clarity is encouraged.
- Articles are subject to our editing.
- Send your finished guest post to john [@] resourcefulmanager.com