Practical Guide For Motivating Employees
9-Step Framework To Create A More Productive, Energized Workforce
Motivating employees can be exhausting . . .
But it may be the single most important thing you do as a manager. Because the alternative – an unengaged staff – doesn’t just cost you and your company time and money – it leads to a workplace no one wants to work for. Who wants that?
So we (the ResourcefulManagers that care) spend our careers trying to figure out what makes people want to do their job well everyday – and be fulfilled doing it.
We aren’t psychics or psychologists. We need a framework, tools and encouragement to create an engaged team of empowered and accountable employees who don’t come to work just to punch a clock for a paycheck.
The Practical Guide For Motivating Employees is your blueprint to solving this age old management challenge.
Key Questions Answered in The Blueprint
- How do I motivate employees and provide incentives (other than money)?
- How can I tell if someone is self motivated before I hire them?
- All my employees are different, how do I figure out what motivates each person?
- How do we create an environment that fosters productivity and engagement?
- How do I deliver incentives and rewards without breeding entitlement?
- How to set expectations and get employees to embrace accountability?
What’s Inside This Motivating Employees Blueprint?
Here’s a detailed summary of the main sections and content:
10,000 Foot View
The Big Picture of Employee Motivation and The Value of an Engaged Workforce
Understanding core principles of motivating employees is the foundation all managers need to know. Here’s a few nuggets you’ll get:
- 71% of employees say they are not motivated – here’s how much these disengaged employees cost in terms of mistakes, lost opportunities and outright failures
- The two types motivation – understanding intrinsic and extrinsic motivators
- Why an over-reliance on external motivators leads to short-term gain and brutal long-term impact
- 4 myths of motivation debunked
9-Step ResourcefulManager Motivation Framework
When you read this section you’ll get step-by-step guidance for the 9 key elements of employee motivation. Here’s a sample of what you’ll find inside:
- 10 interview questions that help you uncover self-motivated people – and the types of responses you should look for during the hiring process
- Why a candidate’s motivation to “GET the job” can obscure your ability to see if they will be motivated to “DO the job” – and how to avoid it
- How employee motivation and job expectations are connected – and how to uncover if your employees are confused about their role
- What real workplace fun consists of – and why it’s necessary if you want your employees excited to come to work every day
- 5 inexpensive teambuilding activities that boost morale
- 6 ways to spot employees who are intrinsically motivated vs. those who are just in it for the paycheck
- Page 39
- Using empowerment to motivate – and why micro-managing actually gets you minimal effort from employees
- 7 simple keys to building an environment of trust
- Why 42% of employees are actively looking for a new job – and why one word goes a long way towards rectifying this
- What it takes to be a motivational manager – 16 dos and don’ts
- 6 keys to avoid short-term bursts of motivation and sustain it over the long haul
- Why regular rewards lose their value over time and the smarter approach to rewarding employees that won’t get stale
Putting The Motivation Framework Into Practice
- How to motivate across the four generations of employees
- The valuable “know-it-all” – is there any motivating them?
- Motivating in challenging situations – budget cuts, layoffs and change
- 5 signs of employee entitlement – how to prevent it or root it out if it already exists
- The difference between a bad hire and a bad fit
- When to cut bait if motivational efforts simply aren’t working
By the time you get to this section you’ll have a framework for motivating all types of employees – and how to put it into practice at your company. But you also need to watch out for these, and many other, stumbling blocks included in this Blueprint:
- #2 – Why you must get past this internal bias to truly motivate your team
- #16 – Pay matters, but not as much as you think – study suggests 25% of highly motivated employees would jump ship for this % pay increase
- #19 – Resist this common urge when it comes to achieving goals
- #11 – Avoid this oversight that makes you look like a selfish, ego-driven manager that all employees hate (if you’re deliberately doing this you’re a flat out terrible manager)
- #13 & #17 – The two things almost every manager skimps on that every employee craves
Blueprint Extras & Premium Bonuses
3 Resources That Take the Guesswork Out of Motivating Employees
The two biggest questions managers face are 1) how to motivate my team when I can’t give them raises, bonuses or monetary incentives and 2) how do I know what motivates my employees when they are all different? These practical tools and examples will point you squarely in the right direction. You get:
Blueprint Extra: The 8 Principles of Human Behavior
The 8 principles of human behavior have everything to do with how people react – or fail to – to certain stimuli. Master these principles and you will truly understand what it takes to motivate people and spur them onto higher levels of performance.
Premium Bonus: Motivating Without Money – 30 Proven Ideas That Cost Almost Nothing
It’s not necessary to set up complicated or expensive recognition and reward programs. What’s needed are managers that make motivation a focal point of their job and deliver praise and simple perks (well within their control) consistently. These 30 ideas will get you started and spark your creativity for practical ways to motivate your team.
Premium Bonus: What Motivates Your Employees? 10 Questions That will Reveal What Makes Them Tick
Every employee is different and what motivates them is different, too. Ask your employees these 10 questions to help uncover their intrinsic motivators, so you can tailor how you manage each of them.
We can boil employee motivation to one basic ideal:
“Find what your employees want and find a way to give it to them
– or to enable them to earn it.”
Whether you invest the measly $67 for this Motivating Employees Blueprint or not – if you stick to that ideal – you should be fine.
If you want help on how to put that ideal into practice the ResourcefulManager way, and get practical guidance to:
- Identify self-motivated employees before you hire them
- Uncover the unique intrinsic motivators each employee has – regardless of age group or position
- Dole out praise, rewards and recognition that goes beyond short term motivation and creates lasting engagement
- Motivate employees in difficult work situations and constant change
- Avoid the subtle stumbling blocks that undermine your motivation efforts …
… then we encourage you to get the assistance you want in a single afternoon from the 94-Page Motivating Employees Blueprint and bonuses.
“Must-Be-Resourceful” 90-Day Money Back Guarantee
ResourcefulManager’s “Practical Guide For Motivating Employees” Blueprint comes with an unconditional, 100% money back guarantee.
We’re confident you’ll find several new and useful ideas to help you motivate your employees to create a more energized and productive workforce, presented in a practical, easy-to-implement format.
In fact, we’ll give you a full 90 days to carve out the time in your busy schedule to read the Blueprint, digest the strategies, put the advice into action, and experience the results in your specific situation.
We believe to be a great manager . . . is to be resourceful. So every piece of content and product we create is designed to make you more knowledgeable, prepared and resourceful. Just for the record, as of 3/28/18, we’ve sold 5,427 ResourceManager products and only have had 68 refund requests.
If you decide “Practical Guide For Motivating Employees” Blueprint doesn’t deliver value or simply isn’t your cup of tea, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 90 days, and we’ll process your complete, no-hassle refund in 1 business day or less.
But I’m confident you won’t need to.
To your success,
Get the ResourcefulManager Blueprint
Practical Guide For Motivating Employees
Use This Complete, 9-Step Framework To Create A More Productive, Energized Workforce
Here’s What You Get
- 94-Page Motivating Employees Blueprint
- Blueprint Extra: The 8 Principles of Human Behavior
- Premium Bonus: Motivating Without Money – 30 Proven Ideas That Cost Almost Nothing
- Premium Bonus: What Motivates Your Employees? 10 Questions That will Reveal What Makes Them Tick
- Download Immediately, PDF Format
- 90-day “Must-Be-Resourceful Money Back Guarantee”
Get This Blueprint & Much More . . .
With a ResourcefulManager Insider membership you’ll get immediate access to the Blueprint you’re looking at right now, plus all this in your account on day one:
- 16 Blueprints (PDF) – detailed, step-by-step frameworks, advice and recommendations for navigating everyday management challenges and difficult situations.
- 9 Essential Insights (PDF) – concise, 20- to 30-page executive summaries that deliver quick tips, distilled research and curated knowledge on a specific topic.
- 80 Practical Tools (PDF) – desk references such as checklists, worksheets, scripts, and more to help implement new ideas. Bridging the gap between advice and execution.
Quality, reliable information you can trust – professionally curated, distilled and delivered to you all in one place.
Become An RM Insider & Get This Blueprint – $19/monthNO THANKS, I’ll Get This Blueprint for $67